I’m So Not Ready
By Tilly Rivers


I’m so not ready to say good bye Dad
Not this good bye
The one that lasts forever
So if you don’t mind
I think I’ll just say we will see each other again one day
Not sure of the times
But it doesn’t matter
I know you’ll be there
You always have been before

I’m so not ready to say I love you for the last time
Not the last time Dad
So if you don’t mind
I think I’ll just say it over and over
Each night
Each day
Because I know you’re whispering it to me

I’m so not ready to face the world without you
Not like this Dad
I still need you
So if you don’t mind
I think I’ll just talk to you whenever I need to
Like we use too

I’m so not ready for you to leave Dad
Please don’t leave me
I know I’m all grown up now
But right now Dad
I’m still just your baby girl
So if you don’t mind
I think I’ll just keep you
Deep in my heart
Forever

I’m so not ready Dad
I can’t let go
So if your don’t mind
I think I will close my eyes and pretend your still here

I love so much
Forever your baby girl